We have developed a set of fair trade principles by which we undertake Crossroads’ Global Handicrafts.
- Fair price: Trading in ways that support sustainable answers to poverty.
- Fair share: Agreeing to appropriate profit share through dialogue and participation.
- Fair chance: Developing producers’ skill sets and access to new markets, local and global.
- Fair work: Ensuring no abuse of child labour, gender equity and safe conditions.
- Fair growth: Investing in community improvement, with producer cooperatives setting priorities.
- Fair deal: Ensuring transparency and accountability at each level of trade.
- Fair care: Applying environmentally responsible methods of production.
- Fair mind: Encouraging shoppers to buy fair trade.